Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brand new model


This is my best friend Piggy. Just like animals, just like beautiful strangers and idols, just like any object that can’t respond, I impose all the best things on Piggy and he never lets me down.
Tomorrow my brand new wife arrives. I hope I can draw her over and over. It’s intimidating though, to be yourself in front of another human being. Some pictures come out bad, that’s just part of the process, but they come together eventually. I hope she likes my pictures of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The piglet which I love.
An image slightly different from your conventional picture.
I feel gentleness.
When you drew this picture, what kind of feeling was it?

domboy said...

Piggy is an interesting character. He is simple in many ways, but independant. I remember I drew him because I wanted a break from drawing myself. My feeling? I think it is the same with all drawing - a kind of murderous desperation when I start, then a relief and freedom when I finish. Maybe Piggy is a sweeter soul than me, so he came out better?