Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Brought eyes (sic)


I downloaded my first album legally tonight. It was Bright Eyes’ “Cassadaga”. “Poison Oak” made me cry while shopping for washing machines and refrigerators in Broadway in Causeway Bay just over a year ago. That was pretty interesting.
Yesterday I had to go to a big law firm to check out their conference rooms for a photo job. It was just before lunch when I left and I got into a full elevator. Once inside I saw the doors were mirrors, and I got to look at myself surrounded by perfectly preened, young executives. I looked like shit. From my hair to my outfit to my self, I looked a mess. Not a Keith Richards kind of a mess; just an ugly, avoidable-person kind of mess.
You might not know this, but I was young once. I was aware at the time that older people envied me, that I had access to the little girls and the energy, and that one day it would be gone. I decided that I would enjoy it and when it was gone, well, to hell with it. I would embrace maturity, or drop dead if it got too hard. I’m bored of this topic already, but I’m still surprised every time I look in the mirror. Does it have to be over so quickly?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you? Domboy
I am 25 years old now.
I think that I am young.
I want to get old early, too.
I want a person around me to consider me to be a great human being.
However, I am young.
A person tries to look down upon it if young.
Against ability and.
I hate it.
However, I must get over it.
I become strong by getting over it.
Then a human being around me will recognize me.
Irritating time continues.
In that way a human being will become an adult.
I am a growth process.
I have a various experience and will become an adult.
I want to enjoy it, too.

domboy said...

Interesting - another perspective. One day I might be 50, and dreaming of being 36 again. Don't look back into the sun!

Anonymous said...

The piglet which I love.
An image slightly different from your conventional picture.
I feel gentleness.
When you drew this picture, what kind of feeling was it?

Anonymous said...

I made a mistake in a place to write comment!
I'm sorry