Thursday, May 08, 2008

Fish eat fish

I dreamed there was a tank full of fish which were to be culled. The culling was acheived by poisoning the water and slowly draining it, so the poison became less and less diluted. As the fish started to weaken, the stronger fish started to eat the weaker fish, but these stronger fish then became weaker and themselves were eaten, till it was just shallow water with various fish wallowing around with strings of half-dead fish half swallowing each other.
This reminded me of when I got a free pass to a new gym. My regular gym has a big, open changing room, but this new gym had a tiny one cluttered with ill-places seats. In my regular gym people are generally polite and generous in the changing room – they stand back and make room for each other, but in this new gym it was dog eat dog, with everyone vying for a good spot to change, jumping all over each other and the furniture and aggressively protecting their little patches.
This in turn reminds me of the Middle East.
Silly little fish.

1 comment:

Extra Gravy said...

Makes me think of corporate mergers during a time of recession.