Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Meet my new mistress

Every just so often I abandon drawing and everything and become someone else, like a playwright or a matador. At this moment, I have become a guitarist. I am already on p21 of “Progressive Guitar Method Book 1 – Beginner”. Studying is a beautiful process. You sit and you look at it and you practice it and then suddenly it all makes sense. Like one little, hidden room suddenly becomes illuminated, and you’re allowed to go in and enjoy. I love the sound of the C chord moving onto the E7 chord. I could do it over and over again. My fingers are killing me; I now know how Bryan Adams felt back in the summer of ’69. I will start using phrases like “At least I still have my guitar”, and “The guitar is my woman”. I also have a new fuck-you rock’n’roll haircut. Essentially I stand in front of the mirror and spend 15 minutes loading my hair with clay and wax until it looks like I haven’t washed in 3 days and just rolled out of the gutter without checking the mirror. Yep, that’s me, the genuine article.

------------------------


Until I start drawing again, I’ll just post random scans from old pictures. This is a banana I had a particular affection for, and I didn’t want it to decompose into obscurity, so I drew it.

2 comments:

Extra Gravy said...

I was less than sober while reading your blog... and imagined the banana picture to have a major metro city beneath it, giant towers of industry, urban condo highrises, with a quiet river snaking through full of yuppy sport enthusiasts.

Then I imagined bombers above it dropping thousands of giant bananas just like this one. It was like a scene from the Dresden bombings but giant bananas, caught on camera just before the force of their fall crushed them to pulp and drowned the city in banana mush ten stories high.

domboy said...

"I'll have what Technomonk is having."