Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A successful descent


My plane landed in torrential rain, and for a moment while we were descending I let my imagination wander and felt the possibility of disaster. It seemed an okay time to die – I had just used one of my free passes into the “Prestige Lounge”, the next issue of the magazine was mostly laid out, I’d read most of the Motley Crue autobiography, I had recently procured a satisfying orgasm. I had called my parents a couple of days ago and my last blog entry mentioned crashing and going to heaven. It seemed an okay time to go, and as fear started to creep in I remembered Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx standing up during turbulence and yelling “Fuck God, let’s crash!” and then I felt strong again.

4 comments:

Extra Gravy said...

If McCain gets elected I may have to take a similiar attitude and repeat the quote from Tommy Lee, "Fuck God, let's crash!"

I hope I will not need to use this quote but thanks for the inspiration... just in case.

domboy said...

Revolution is neigh. It just takes one more incomprehensible election result.

Shannon Erin said...

I've had similar feelings while landing during disaster-friendly circumstances. So, the Motley Crue autobiography is worth the read?

p.s. I still owe you a prize, I'm just waiting for the perfect thing to send to manifest itself.

domboy said...

Ah, I hate it when people promise to send stuff then and then don't come through :)
Yes, the book "The Dirt" is a masterpiece in humanity. Their album "Saints of Los Angeles" accompanies it well also. It'll touch you and thrill you and make you sick to your heart. It'll seduce you and inspire you and scar you and leave you somehow more alive than when you started it.