Friday, March 14, 2008

Plane of fools


Back from Japan. Just quickly, everyone, seriously, is it really going to kill you to sit in you seat and wait till the captain turns the seatbelt sign off? Are those 25 seconds you jumped the gun really going to get you home any earlier? I’m not unfamiliar with an over-inflated sense of self-importance, but I can’t see the benefit of getting out of my seat and getting my luggage out of the overhead compartment and getting my phone turned on before the plane comes to a complete halt, just to stand there, just 3 feet closer to the exit than I’d been if I’d stayed in my goddamn seat, for ten minutes while they park and connect the walkway to the door.
I hate you all.

4 comments:

Shannon Erin said...

Every time I'm on a plane, I ask myself those same questions. I'm never more frustrated by other people than those few minutes before getting off the plane.

It's about time someone invented safe, quick, and convenient travel that didn't involve dealing with large groups of people.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's me! Sorry. Still love you.

xo

Anonymous said...

Well said! I think the exactly same thing. Welcome back hope you had a fab time.

domboy said...

Pony! I'm shocked. You are, of course joking.