Saturday, March 22, 2008

Eyes for eyes


I’ve been very angry recently. No reason, it’s just in my blood I think. I’ve been drunk for about a week, working, not sleeping to alleviate it. Exhaustion brings peace and calm.
Because it’s the 5th birthday of the Iraq war, everyone’s talking about it, especially the cost and the body count. The costs are phenomenal, and I’m thinking, what the hell have I been doing for the last five years? I should have set up an ammunitions factory in China, or a funeral home in Iraq – there’s just so much opportunity I’ve missed. Staying in my field, I could have even bid for the job of designing the new Iraq flag (or do you have to be associated with Cheney to get these contracts?) What ever happened to that flag anyway? I remember they released a new Iraqi flag about a month after Iraq “fell” then someone complained it looked too much like Israel’s flag, and then I never heard of it again. That happens a lot with news. Do you remember Yasir Arafat? He was the leader of Palestine, then one day he got sick, then he died with no explanation. That was suspicious, right? It wouldn’t have been, except absolutely no newspaper ever mentioned that it possibly could be suspicious. It’s like no paper ever mentions Barak Obama is half black, or Hilary Clinton is a female. They pretend it is just two people, because we’re not supposed to care who is what sex or colour, but in reality it is pretty exciting.
Speaking of Obama; Wrong design will now like to formally rescind our backing for him to become the next president of the United States. I was thinking today, George Bush should have been impeached when the US invaded Iraq. I understand it’s a pretty big deal and there was an uncertain feeling, so I forgive the public for hesitating; but when the public re-elected him, I really lost all compassion for them, and I think I have to hold them more than a little responsible for the outcome. That’s why I think Barak Obama is too good to be the next president. Instead I think Dick Cheney should be president for at least 8 years. America shouldn’t get off so easy, they should stick it out, till there’s nothing left of the country except a heavily fortified White House with a golden temple in the garden housing the chief executive of Halliburton and a couple of other elite cronies.
Another option: Barak becomes president, then everyone who voted to re-elect Bush gets lined up and shot.

5 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I like option #2.

Mariposa said...

i LOVE this drawing!! is it dorky to call it a drawing? it's so much more than that but there aren't really words.

i really enjoyed reading about your adventures in japan. thanks for sharing!

politics and war give me a headache so i have nothing clever to say about any of it.

i think i'll have a beer.

Anonymous said...

You need to search for "Cheney" and the word "so?" It will blow your mind the arrogance of this man.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Extra Gravy said...

#1. I love the picture with this post. Very cool - represents my anger too.

#2. I am hoping for Obama! We need him to represent the part of America that has got shafted and overshadowed by those currently in power.

#3. I understand feeling angry. Investing in alcohol sales and rehab centers in America would be a good investment. I'm having to drink alot to survive the raping we've been taking from the Bush.

#4. Obama is right. I am freaken bitter! But still hopeful that a change in leadership (Obama) could start things back in the right direction... we'll be paying for this for a generation... ug.