Sunday, June 01, 2008

People!

I saw the photos of the “Uncontacted tribe” on the internet today, one of the few indigenous groups of people who have no contact with the outside world. They are all painted red, full of fear and fire, pointing arrows at the reconnaissance plane repeatedly flying overhead. Man how I love those people – clueless, facing a bizarre phenomenon flying above them, ready to fight to the death. Hopeless, beautiful people. Like butterflies flying in a strong breeze, being tossed here and there, yet still pushing on. Hopeless, like everything else, but with beauty and dignity.

2 comments:

Quink said...

reminded of the tribe that has the same word for 'aircraft' and 'mosquito'

Extra Gravy said...

I saw those pictures too. I wish I could have seen more. What was inside those huts! Makes me so curious. The full body paint was impressive. I hope they remain undisturbed (assuming they want to based on the arrows, etc). That way their heros can remain giants among them and the old men can remain wise.