Friday, July 18, 2008

Move on

So Israel just swapped Samir Kuntar, plus 4 other Lebanese prisoners, plus the remains of 199 Lebanese fighters for … the bodies of 2 dead Israeli soldiers.
I would usually laugh at the “persecute-them-before-they-persecute-us” circus that is the Middle East, but this whole thing is just a case of humanity gone straight out the window.
Sometimes I just wish everyone would kill each other and get it over with, I’m sick to death of all this petty god, possession, hatred idiocy.
I’ve seen a little of the Middle East, and I can tell you friends, they’re all just a bunch of people, just like me. Just as useless and pointless and beautiful as everyone else.
I know what it’s like to be pissed off and get in a fight, but I get over it.

2 comments:

Extra Gravy said...

Yes! Hug, kiss, shake hands and try living as decent of lives as possible. Seems obvious to me, but maybe we don't all learn the same things in kindergarten.

Wandering Ju said...

Dom Dom, I live here in Israel, and I see now it's not like that. It's too long a discussion so I won't get into it, but over here it's all about survival so that you can afford to be useless, pointless and beutiful. Having said that, I'm sick of it too. That's why I'm moving to South Korea. I guess I can afford to, but they can't.