Sunday, July 06, 2008

Vanity fair

Baby has a high school reunion next January so we are in training for the event. To start out with I’ve become a recovering alcoholic again – this is a sure-fire way to get rid of that unsightly ‘spare tire’ flesh that is becoming a constant pest. I thought maybe it had been a month or two since I stopped being a filthy drunk, but actually it’s been only 2 weeks. I remember last time it was 40 days and 40 nights and by the end I felt like some kind of lean, sexual python, slithering down Hubba Hubba Street. This task is, frankly, tedious, but it’ll be worth it in 6 months’ time. I won’t let anyone accuse me of not knowing the sweet poison of conceit.

I decided to draw with my left hand today even though my right is functioning pretty much as normal. I was a little disappointed to discover it seems to be exactly the same as drawing with my right, just slower. Perhaps I’m ambidextrous. Or perhaps I’m just not very good. Or perhaps my old suspicion is true after all, and god himself is moving through me.

5 comments:

Mariposa said...

if there were a god, i would hope he would be just like you. i could get into a god like that. good luck with the slithery sexiness!

Ann ODyne said...

1. 'in training' ?
please find copy of 'Romy and Michele's High School reunion' - is definitely Part 2 of any training program.

2. definitely ambidextrous. congratulations!

domboy said...

hi Mariposa - you'll e first on the mailing list when I write the 3rd Testament.

hello dysthymiac - I will seek that out, I hope it will make me a winner. Your photo is a ring Baby and I were just looking at in Christian Dior. It cost HK$50,000 though, so Baby will have to wait ... for a long, long time.

Ann ODyne said...

oh you recognised it!
The Dior shop in HK?
Did you have to queue to get in?
I just LOVED it the minute I saw it.
I didn't know the cost of it though.

Romy & Micheles HSR is a Very Funny film that hits all the right sensitive spots.
and the soundtrack is fab 80's music.

domboy said...

Ah, no queues to get into Dior in HK. We did need to wait to get into Louis Vuitton though. They have a couple of variations of this ring, but the one you use is the best. One day I'm going to be rich and I'll buy you one too. They really are beautiful.