Thursday, July 03, 2008

Son of a bitch

I have recreated here the painful last moment I could feel my right hand. I have drawn it with my left hand because my right hand has been chewed to pieces by a vicious dog. This is the 2nd time I’ve been attacked by a dog – it happens very suddenly, and all in the same moment you hear that horrifying snarling sound they make through the saliva of their flapping lips, you feel the tugging against your limbs and you feel the sharp pain of the teeth breaking through the skin, pushing into the muscles. Almost immediately they let go and then go in again for a better grip, and at that moment, because you have already analyzed and understood the situation, you try to outmaneuver the animal, which is virtually impossible, but you can at least give it a less important section of your hand/arm to tear up. At this point, you’re in a bit of a conundrum. Do you attack the dog back? It’s hard to kick a dog when it’s locked on to you, and if you hit it with your hand you stand the chance of it shifting its teeth over to your one good hand. This is a good time to find a suitable piece of furniture to beat the dog off with.
Actually, after 4 days I do have the feeling back in all my digits but one, but I thought it would be more dramatic if I pretended I had to draw with my left hand. I almost enjoyed it - makes me feel like a tough guy, especially with the wounds.

5 comments:

Mariposa said...

good grief! i wish you speedy healing.

Whiskeymarie said...

The thought of a dog attack scares the crap out of me. You're handling this much better than I would have.

Ouch.

Ann ODyne said...

Good Grief!2

what breed of dog?
due provocation?
your own dog?
(you don't mention the fight with The Owner)
wishing you a speedy recovery.

domboy said...

Thanks Charlie Browns.
It was a small, white, fluffy dog. I'm not very good with English words when it comes to technical things like dog breeds and plants and types of clouds.
In fairness, the owner told me not to touch the dog, then 2 other people told me not to touch the dog, and then Baby told me not to touch it about 3 seconds before I tried to touch it and it tried to kill me. I blame the dog entirely - it is evil and it tricked me by pretending to be cute. The story of my life.

Ann ODyne said...

aha.

small dogs feel very threatened - it's Napoleon complex probably. They are absolutely NO good for children.
but I am relieved to find that it was not a Rottweiler or Pit Bull or English Mastiff.

Thanks for your visit to my blog.