Monday, December 03, 2007

Old NY

I’m in old lady Manhattan now. On the 2nd leg of my flight here, South Korea to NY, I sat next to a child. Very cute, when she sat her extended legs just reached the end of the seat. Children are just like people, but smaller. I think because they have all that joie de vivre and pathos normal people have, wrapped up into that small space of their bodies, it comes out in little explosions rather than steady streams. She kicked me a lot while she was sleeping, and stepped on me and took my empty dishes to play with, she hooped and hollered when something funny happened on her cartoon and she had one brief crying fit, but it wasn’t annoying at all. I think if people are good natured then it doesn’t bother you.
I slept most of the flight, which is unusual. I didn’t even get around to playing ‘If you had to choose just one flight attendant…’

---------------

No chance to draw sadly. I've scanned old pictures of cats I drew after my hero Toulouse Lautrec.

3 comments:

Quink said...

The only thing I can draw recognisably is a cat. A black cat. Sitting upright and looking away from me.

If snowmen were black I could draw them looking the same way.

domboy said...

Thank goodness you can write; though I am curious to see the cat.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so pleased you got to see him. Revel in the memory! Give our love to Kiriko.