Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tamed


Deep in the slithery grip of a cold, slowly working the disease out of my system in large, dark green clumps of mucus torn violently from my lungs, I am strangely calm. I dreamed of half-eaten hamsters – one half the cute, furry, white face and fore-paws, walking gaily along, it’s back half, dragging behind it, like a chicken wing with the flesh chewed off, just one bone left, the other one being picked at by some monster rabbit with webbed feet, wrapped in something like a rolled-up carpet of earth, in a cage, in the garden.
I’m not angry anymore, I’m not even participating. I’m disappointed, but it doesn’t matter.

4 comments:

Extra Gravy said...

I very much liked the picture today.

Whiskeymarie said...

I am finally at the tail-end of some sort of illness, but it still has me achy and lethargic.
No hamster dreams, though.

I got my calendar- love it. It's sitting on the shelf by my desk.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, so sorry you're sick! Everyone is! I'm at the end of my cold. Do you want me to send you something? I can get the good stuff.

xo

domboy said...

Thank you kindly TM. It's one of many of "the Palace", my favorite restaurant (doesn't exist anymore). I think I'll put some more up.
It's my pleasure and privilege WM.
Pony, did you get sick too? This counts as an epidemic, right?