Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Flaunt it (an important fashion update)




Thanks for all your concerned texts and messages re my hair (nil). I need to announce I have abandoned my quest to look like Tony Leung in “2046” (http://dominicharvey.blogspot.com/2007/07/wong-kar-wai-did-this-to-me.html). Just like when I tried to grow my hair like Johnny Depp … it turns out I don’t look anything like the idol in question - so I’m blonde again – back to the old, fake me I know and love. I needed to do this now so I’d match my pink wedding suit next week.
Tomorrow is a public holiday in Hong Kong, celebrating mid-autumn festival, and the next day I am flying to Osaka, so today was the last day I could receive my Ivory Paisley Spats ordered online at spatterdash.com and, sadly, they did not come (the delay was something to do with my credit card being overdrawn, whatthehell?). I feel like I have let down my great friend (I don’t actually know him) Quilty (not actually his name). Nevermind, I will receive them eventually, and I will change the world in them, in some strange, magnificent way, and Quilty will then be proud of me.
Also, I have tried on my new tailor-made suit and it matches my 2nd hand Stetson trilby perfectly (not to be confused with my Stetson "Gun Club" cowboy hat); but Kyoto is unseasonably hot at the moment, so it’s not really 'hat weather'. Goddamnsonofacunt. I also have my silk Chinese jacket and ridiculous Jimi Hendrix soldier jacket with gold tassels which I wanted to wear at the wedding. I’m pretty sure I will wear them all anyway. After all, you’re only alive, and a physical form in existence, once (I think), so you may as well flaunt it.


If not, well, you may as well flaunt it anyway.

3 comments:

Mariposa said...

Oooh . . .foxy!

Anonymous said...

I am dying to see this getup. :) I will of course be sleeping on the street outside the shrine as our trusty travel agent failed to get back to me today with alternate sleeping arrangements, but that's o.k. Just kick me awake when the party's about to start. O.k.? (I'm joking, it will all work out FINE)

Anarchy P.

Shannon Erin said...

I checked out spatterdash.com. They are fabulous. No doubt you'll be changing the world in them.