Monday, September 17, 2007

Left to my own devices


Baby Doll has left me again. She's gone to Japan. Something about preparing for our wedding celebration in 2 weeks. Mark it in your diaries - October 5th - we will marry in Heian Jingu Shrine in Kyoto - I want dancing in the streets, the general public copulating like feral kittens, throngs and riots. I have 10 days to get ready. Why am I trying to get ready? Shouldn't I be recklessly destroying myself?

-------

This is a gecko I found in my old apartment; all shriveled up and dead. I thought I should immortalize it somehow.

3 comments:

Quink said...

Reminds me a little of this

Mariposa said...

Forgive me - I don't have time to read back through all your posts - I thought you were already married.

The gecko is endearingly creepy - I'm glad you took the time.

domboy said...

That's way too cool, Quilty. I imagine them in a perpetual struggle between life and death. Immortalised, yet no longer existing, defined only by their purpose.

Yep, it's a little complicated Mariposa. We got married last Feb in Las Vegas, Elvis style, but we've having the big ceremony next month in Kyoto with family etc. We're also having a party in New York and one in Hong Kong. Hmmm, I never wrote that down before, suddenly I feel quite extravagant.